Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dear friends and family,



I'm HOME! I came home in time for Thanksgiving. So far my experience home has been a blur of family, friends, and a lot of sleep. I'm enjoying being home a lot. My body is doing well and continuing to adjust to the time difference…but my emotions are a different story. I feel like I haven’t even begun to process my experience. As my professor says, I’ve been in sort of a "honeymoon stage"….extremely happy to be back with family and friends and enjoying the love and comfort of home. But I’m starting to realize that those feelings will soon fade (not completely of course!) and I will have to face the reality of everything that I went through and experienced in Ethiopia. Which of course will be emotional and draining...but necessary and all apart of the process. I will write one final update on my experience and how I'm doing in a few weeks. I'm excited to talk with and see everyone. Thank you all for your prayers and support. They mean more to me then I can express.



In Christ,

Dana

No comments: