Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update from Addis June 26th

I don't have too much time, so I will keep it short. I just wanted to thank you for your prayers. They are definitely felt. Emotionally I am doing better! Praise the Lord. My culture shock is starting to wear off and I am starting to feel more adjusted here. My physical state is still up and down, but it's not too bad either. I think once I fully decided to surrender everything to God, I started to see things in a whole new light. I realized that I have no control, but God is completely in control. I also realized that I was worrying too much and looking too far ahead in the future...wanting my GLT to be EXACTLY as I had thought it would be...which made me stressed and anxious because it's NOT what I thought it would be. But now I am surrendering each day to the Lord and trying hard not to worry about tomorrow. : ) I recognize that my family situation is not ideal to what a GLT asks me to do....we live too far from the city and they don't let me do anything by myself...so I'm having a hard time meeting people and doing what I need to do for my GLT. Buuuttt I'm figuring things out. My host dad is trying to find me a language tutor, so maybe that will get me out of the house more. PRAY for me on that one. I do LOVE my family so so much. They really have made me one of their own. I owe them a lot, they have done so much for me and I am truly, truly thankful for them. I believe that God placed me here for a reason. It looks like they are moving to Seattle July 17th. I will miss them dearly, but it will also give me an opportunity to maybe be placed in a home closer to the city. We will see....pray for that too!!! Just a fun thing- Today my host mom and her brother came home with a goat! Then we sat down for lunch and the next thing I know, they brought a tub of skinned goat into the living room! It was amazing. I took pictures....they showed me the liver, the stomach...etc. Then they started eating some of it. I was SO CLOSE to eating a piece...but I didn't. Since I'm still trying to get my body adjusted, I don't know what raw meet will do to me....maybe in a couple of months. ; ) Even though I'm with my family 24/7 I'm still getting around....they take me on their errands, so I get to see and experience the area. I'm really loving this place, and each day I wake up...not knowing at ALL what I'm going to do or what is going to happen to me....I'm not used to that because I'm such a planner...but I'm learning to LOVE it. : ) Oh ya, real quick- the WEATHER! It's similar to Seattle summer actually. Although when it rains...it rains HARD, and then it stops. Out where I live things get muddy. It feels like its in the mid 70's most of the time...maybe low 70s. Everyone here thinks it's cold, but I think it's perfect!! In the night time is gets a little chilly, but not too bad. Its been a big blessing because it hasn't been difficult for me to get used to the weather. Thank you for you prayers. Much much love,In Christ,Dana

No comments: