Thursday, July 10, 2008

New homestay

I have moved into my new homestay and I love it here! My new host family's names are Hareg and Yonatin. They are 30 something and have two small children. They own and operate a school for poor city children and take in US and European students to suppliment their income. They speak excellent English so communication should be easier! Yeah!

We went to the country side today. It's BEAUTIFUL!! And the air is so fresh...especially compared to the city!!! Anyways I took a lot of pictures. : ) Now I'm back at the school just chillin. I love Hareg. She's so thoughtful and kind and a really good communicator. I feel like we are going to be good friends. Thank you for your prayers. I am still praying that I'll make some more friends...and to figure out language and the internship. Hareg asked me today if I would help her teach computer class while I'm waiting for my internship! I said YES! It starts on Monday!! I think it'll be a fun experience. haha I'll be Mrs. Parker! It'll be interesting to help her out since the class will probably be in Amharic. haha I'll have to have a crash course on computer words.
It is such a different experience that I am having being here by myself...opposed to living with other Americans. Sometimes I feel the benefits of being alone and other times I feel like I'd rather live with a bunch of Americans! haha I was thinking today...this will probably be the only time that I ever am living overseas by myself, so I just have to make the most of it!! I feel myself slowly healing from my past three week emotional low....so that's good. I'm so happy to be in my new homestay and to feel like there is hope for me to feel adjusted and maybe even at home here.

No comments: